Time Out of Foundation Programme
Before completing your application, please familiarise yourself with the guidance notes below.
Application Window: Monday 20 December 2021 to Sunday 30 January 2022
Please note that in exceptional circumstances applications, received outside the above window will be considered. For more information, please contact Maisie Shrubsall (Foundation School Manager).
- In addition to the permitted annual leave and study leave entitlements, foundation doctors may require unplanned leave from a programme. Where this leave exceeds 4 weeks in the F1 or F2 year or 3 weeks in any 4 month placement, a foundation doctor will usually be required to spend an appropriate period of additional time training in order to complete the programme. This is to fulfil the ‘time based’ aspect of the Foundation Programme.
- Foundation doctors who take time out of programme where statutory employment rights are involved (e.g. maternity leave) will continue to have full entitlement to those rights.
- In the first instance, discuss your plans with your Educational Supervisor and Trust Foundation Programme Director.
- Complete the TOFP application form, and obtain the signatures required.
- Your completed form and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Foundation School Manager via SEVfoundation.email@example.com.
- Incomplete or incorrectly completed forms will not be considered.
- The Foundation School will notify you of the outcome of your application.
- If you are unsuccessful, you may lodge an appeal against the decision.