Time Out of Foundation Programme
Before completing your application, please familiarise yourself with the guidance notes below.
The application form needs to be returned to the Foundation School by 09:00am on Monday 13th January 2020.
- In addition to the permitted annual leave and study leave entitlements, trainees may require unplanned leave from a programme. Where this leave exceeds 4 weeks in the F1 or F2 year or 3 weeks in any 4 month placement, a trainee will usually be required to spend an appropriate period of additional time training in order to complete the programme. This is to fulfill the ‘time based’ aspect of the Foundation Programme.
- Trainees who take time out of programme where statutory employment rights are involved (e.g. maternity leave) will continue to have full entitlement to those rights.
- In the first instance, discuss your plans with your Educational Supervisor and Trust Foundation Programme Director.
- Complete the TOFP application form, and obtain the signatures required.
- Your completed form and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Foundation School Manager via SEVfoundation.email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is 09:00am on Monday 13th January 2020.
- Incomplete or incorrectly completed forms will not be considered.
- The Foundation School will notify you of the outcome of your application.
- If you are unsuccessful, you may lodge an appeal against the decision.