This page contains important information about the options available in relation to your F2 year starting in August 2022.
- F2 Rotation Swaps if you wish to swap your allocated F2 programme within the Severn Foundation School
- F2 Special Circumstances for those who may need to change F2 rotation due to special circumstances
- F2 Overseas if you are thinking about applying to complete F2 abroad
- Time Out of Foundation Programme if you are thinking about taking time out of Foundation Training between F1 and F2
- Inter Foundation School Transfers if you are considering applying for a transfer to another Foundation School for F2
Please do not submit applications for the above before the application window opens.
F2 Rotation Swaps
Severn Foundation School runs a Swaps Process for current F1 trainees wishing to change their F2 rotation. Trainees interested in applying for a swap should ensure they read the F2 Swaps Policy and download the application form. Applications should be completed and returned to the Foundation School. Please note that trainees wishing to change their F2 programme due to Special Circumstances will need to apply through the F2 Special Circumstances process.
Please note that due to oversubscription there are no vacant F2 programmes for August 2022. This means our ability to facilitate swaps will be limited.
F2 Special Circumstances
Trainees whose circumstances have changed since starting the programme and who meet the special circumstances criteria may apply to change F2 rotation due to their situation. Trainees should ensure they read the policy and guidance and complete and return the form and supporting evidence, to the Foundation School.
Time Out of Foundation Programme (TOFP)
NB – trainees applying to undertake F2 overseas DO NOT have to complete the TOFP form, only the F2 Overseas form.
Please also see our Resignation Policy.
Inter-Foundation School Transfer
Please note that the application window for this process opens in March 2022, and is mentioned here for information only.
Severn trainees wishing to apply for an Inter Foundation School Transfer should download the guidance and form from the national Foundation Programme website, complete and return to the Foundation School within the specified time frame. In order to be considered for a Foundation School transfer, a trainee's circumstances must have changed since F1 allocation. Trainees wishing to transfer into Severn must consult their home Foundation School in the first instance.
Application Window: TBC