Bristol Patient Safety Conference 2020
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 10th MARCH 2020
Apply online here: http://www.bristolpatientsafety.com/poster-competition.html
Judges will be looking for examples of innovation, joint working and a clear focus on quality improvement including evidence of PDSA cycles, learning and changes made.
Poster presenter discounted delegate rate £159; co-authors welcome at discounted rate.
We have a great speaker line-up, including:
• Dr John Dean, Clinical Director for quality improvement and patient safety Royal College of Physicians (RCP) on “What Not To Do In Quality Improvement”
• Professor Russell Foster, Head of the Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, the founder and Director of the Sleep and Circadian Research Institute and Fellow of Brasenose College Oxford addressing the patient safety aspect of sleep: “Understanding Sleep: Biology to Health”
• Dr Megan Peng, Quality Improvement lead for The Royal College of Paediatrics (RCPCH) Diabetes Collaborative Paediatrics (RCPCH) Diabetes Collaborative
• Michele Golden, Deputy Director of Safety and Learning, NHS Resolution
• Professor Nick Rich, Professor in Operations Management, Swansea University
• How to make a success of your QI project, Nicola Davey, Quality Improvement Clinic
• Patient Safety Mini-Hackathon, Dr Nathan Riddell, Academic Foundation Trainee, South Wales
The conference will be held on 14 May 2020 at Engineers’ House, Clifton, Bristol 09:30 to 16:30
Hugh Platt Foundation Essay Prize
Are you an FY1 or FY2 doctor aspiring to become a pathologist?
This competition offers a unique opportunity to boost your CV ahead of applying for your specialty training. Essays should address the topic:
‘Tiny test, huge impact’ – write an essay drawing on your experience of a patient encounter which illustrates the impact a pathology result can have on a patient and their family.
A prize of £200 will be awarded to the winning entrant. Their essay will also be published on our website and in the College magazine, The Bulletin. For more information and to apply, please visit: www.rcpath.org/essay-competitions.
Essays should be submitted to email@example.com by Friday 29 May.
Clinical Teaching Fellow Job - Yeovil
Please see below an advert for a Clinical Teaching Fellow Job in Yeovil in Medical Education and Orthopaedics, for those interested in these roles after Foundation Training.