Regional Teaching Day Courses
Dear Trainees, please see below links to Regional Teaching Day virtual courses for Psychiatry: Fundamentals for the Foundation Doctor, and Human Factors
Psychiatry: Fundamentals for the Foundation Doctor - 27th January
Mental Health is everyone’s business – the essentials to help you in your ongoing career, whatever specialty you go into
Our aim is to bring you up to speed with topics that are of key importance to doctors whatever their specialty.
The day is highly interactive, structured around cases and with plenty of chances to practice your communication skills in simulated consultations.
Human Factors - 24th February, 9th March, 16th March and 1st April
Dear Trainees please see various Human Factors courses below available to book onto via Maxcourse - Introducing the principle of Human Factors and demonstrating how these are relevant to the medical practice of junior doctors.
https://www.maxcourse.co.uk/sevfoundation/organiserCourseCalendarManageCourse.asp?s=CH6199 - 24th February (09:00-12:00)
https://www.maxcourse.co.uk/sevfoundation/organiserCourseCalendarManageCourse.asp?s=CH6200 - 24th February (13:00-16:00)
National Presentation Prize 2021
Medic Mentor are announcing our National Virtual Presentation Prize, open to all junior doctors in the UK.
Who are Medic Mentor?
- We are a national non-profit medical organisation helping and inspiring future healthcare professionals. For further information, please visit www.medicmentor.co.uk
What do you need to do?
- Create a 10-minute video presentation to answer the following question: ‘Why should medical students and junior doctors consider training in your chosen specialty?’
- If you are a FY1/FY2/FY3 doctor you can create a presentation about the speciality you are interested in
What does it need to contain?
- What makes your specialty amazing?
- Typical day in the life of a junior doctor in your specialty
- Pros and Cons
- Work-life balance
- Upcoming research/technological advances etc in your chosen specialty
Who is the presentation aimed at?
- Current medical students
- FY1/FY2 doctors
- CT/ST1 doctors
- There are 60 cash prizes available, one for each specialty.
- Winners will be contributing to a national free educational resource
- Opportunity to present at a national conference
- Registration deadline: 28th February 2021 at 5pm
- Link to registration form: https://airtable.com/shrGftvjmxH5E5u25
- After completing the form you will receive a presentation specification including tips on producing an excellent video presentation and details on entry submission
For any further questions or queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HEE South West Trainee Webinar - 26 January 2021
As you know, HEE is running a series of webinars with trainees across the South West to update you on issues related to your training. The next event will be held on Tuesday 26th January 2021 from 17:00-17:45hrs. This will be your opportunity to hear from our Regional Postgraduate Dean and other members of the senior team within HEE South West, and to ask questions via a live Q&A. The outline agenda for the webinar is below:
• Update from the Dean (wellbeing, rotations, redeployment, academic training, OOP and ARCP)
• Returning to training
• Ongoing work to support trainees
• Discussion points from trainee reps
Please use the link below to access the live event:
You can access a recording of the previous event (held on 1st December 2020) via the link below:
National Patient Safety Online Poster Competition 2021
National Patient Safety Online Poster Competition 2021
including: Quality Improvement (QI), Education and Innovation projects
Deadline 9th April 2021 - online entry form here: http://www.bristolpatientsafety.com/poster-competition.html
The pandemic has necessitated new approaches to the provision of medical care in unprecedented circumstances. We invite you to share QI projects and projects that encompass learning during this time
We have up to 100 poster places at our online conference. Successful entries receive:
• An invitation to give a live poster presentation* at the online Bristol Patient Safety Conference on 16th June 2021
• A discounted delegate rate of £159. Co-authors will also qualify for the discounted rate.
• A national poster competition oral presentation certificate with names of presenter(s) and authors; attendance certificate, 4 hours of CPD
• There will be a first and second prize for each poster group of 10 posters
* 2-minute oral presentation followed by Q&A
Who should apply?: junior doctors, nurses, midwives, consultants, AHPs, GPs, medical students and those working in care settings among others
Foundation programme - January 2021 update
The Foundation e-learning programme has been developed specifically for Foundation doctors by the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges in partnership with Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) and is approved by UKFPO.
Do you need to complete parts of the curriculum on your e-portfolio which you do not cover in day-to-day practice? If so, why not try some of our free e-learning mapped directly to the Foundation Professional Capabilities (Training Outcomes) in the 2016 Foundation Curriculum.
The sessions in the e-LfH Foundation e-learning programme:
Professional Capability: 2
Delivers patient centred care and maintains trust sessions:
• Assessing Mental Capacity
• Planning Ahead Using the MCA
• Best Interests
• Deprivation of Liberty
• Patient Autonomy and Related Ethics
• Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
• Confidentiality and Privacy
• Keeping the Patient at the Centre of Care
• Seeing the Whole Picture
• Family Dynamics Affecting Discharge
You can sign in to the e-learning with your login supplied by e-LfH at any time during your foundation training.
HORUS and TURAS link to e-LfH e-learning sessions from the FP Curriculum and are therefore accessible to all trainees, making it quicker and easy to access the appropriate session linked to the curriculum.