The Shaping Allergy Training in the UK Foundation Programme Project
Foundation doctors in England are invited to complete this 10-minute survey which aims to evaluate the perception of current allergy education provided to UKFP doctors. The project is run by the British Allergy Education Network (BAEN), a working party representing the British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI). This research has been approved by the NHS England (formerly Health Education England) research governance team. BAEN's mission is to improve healthcare professionals’ understanding of allergic diseases. There is no published data on the views of Foundation doctors on this important topic and they are keen to know your opinions.
Please take 10 minutes to complete the survey. BAEN will use this vital data to inform how they can deliver effective Allergy education for Foundation doctors, practically focussed and clinically relevant to your practice.
Shaping Allergy Training in the Foundation Programme: Your 10 Minute Feedback Survey (surveymonkey.co.uk)
The survey will close on Thursday 14 December 2023.
National Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Poster Competition 2024
Deadline 6th March 2024 – details and online entry form here:
We have up to 160 poster places at our online conference.
Successful entries receive:
- An invitation to give a live oral poster presentation* at our online conference on 15th May 2024
- A discounted delegate rate of £179 (no VAT), co-authors entitled to same rate
- National poster competition oral presentation certificate
- Opportunity to win a first or second prize in each themed group of 10 posters
*2.5-minute oral presentation followed by judge-led Q&A
Who should apply?: junior doctors, nurses, midwives, consultants, AHPs, GPs, medical students and those working in care settings among others
GUAVA Course - 2nd February 2024
Sandford Education Centre, Cheltenham General Hospital
Course fee - £90
Gloucestershire Ultrasound Assisted Vascular Access returns this February! This one day course is an ideal place to start for those new to advanced ultrasound guided vascular access or those who feel they would benefit from expert tuition in this field.
Pease note this course is very popular - early registration is essential!
Upcoming F2 Regional Teaching Courses
Please check Maxcourse for the latest regional teaching offerings, including:
- Practical Procedures and Ultrasound Skills
- Law, Ethics and Judgement
- Human Factors in Healthcare
- Medico-Legal Day
- Obs & Gynae - Sexual Health
- Introduction to Genomics
- Leadership and Management
- Military Team Building & Leadership Day
- Emergencies and Critical Care