CST Interview Course for Foundation Doctors
Category: Foundation - Other
Date: November 7th 2015
Location: Education Centre, Warrington Hospital, Lovely Lane, Warrington WA5 1QG
This course will be run by a group of core trainees and specialist registrars. They have successfully run this course for the last 3 years with excellent trainee feedback. Some of the candidates have ranked in the top 2% of all successful core surgical training posts and have returned as faculty this year.
Course Structure -
1. The morning will consist of interactive lectures given by expert faculty including CST tutors and training programme directors on how to maximise your interview score and performance on the day
2. The afternoon will consist of a mock interview with an expert panel and you will be scored using a similar mark scheme to CST interview and given verbal and written feedback on your performance.
3. The three stations you will be assessed on include:
- Portfolio Station - You will be critiqued and marked on your portfolio and there will be a portfolio library of successful core surgical trainees including those from candidates who ranked in the top 2% in the country.
- Management Station - You will be assessed on various management scenarios and will be given written and verbal feedback.
- Clinical Station - You will be marked on your approach to the clinical scenario and be given feedback on how to improve your answer in the real interview
Attend a full day including the mock interview for only £75 + Booking Fee (limited to 18 places only)
Attend half a day of lectures only (ideal for F1s and senior medical students) for only £20 + booking fee