Rouleaux Club 2020 Essay Competition
The Rouleaux Club (UK Vascular Trainees association) is running its annual national essay competition again this year with prizes for medical students AND junior doctors! All applicants will also receive complimentary registration to the Vascular Societies AGM in November and join the free vascular surgical skills course.
- Deadline: 6th November
- Monetary Prizes
- Complimentary VSAM registration
- Opportunity to attend Vascular Surgery Skills Course
Options in O &G after Foundation Training
- Are you interested in O & G and nearing the end of your Foundation Training?
- Insider Testimonials from newly appointed ST1's on the application process and experiences from academic trainees and F3's
- Saturday 17th October - 3-6 pm
- Online event details will be distributed nearer the time
- For more details look online here
ACCS Open Day
ACCS open day will be held on the 4th November from 6-8pm
Please register online, it will be a Teams meeting so you'll need the app downloaded.
To register please visit here
Anaesthesia Taster Day
Pipeline 2020 Virtual Anaesthesia Taster Day!
So no hands on sessions this year but plenty of information and opportunities to ask questions from Consultants, trainees and Training Programme Directors. We will be streaming 10 minute talks on the wide range of subspecialties available within Anaesthesia. We will also be having a live Q&A session with Consultants, Trainees and the Regions TPDs. Once registered, you can email your questions in advance or ‘real-time’ and we will do our best to answer them. No charge!
For more information and to register click here
South-West SuppoRTT virtual Junior Doctor Forum
Trainees in non-patient-facing roles and other vulnerable groups impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic
- If you are, have been or may need to shield during the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic. Or if your clinical role has been significantly adapted to non-patient facing or limited patient contact due to personal vulnerability (eg medical condition or pregnancy)…please read on.
- The South West SuppoRTT team invite you to join a virtual junior doctor forum (vJDF). Our goal is to build a peer support network across the south west for trainees with shared experience of significant challenges and impact on their training as a result of the pandemic. We will host a virtual meeting fortnightly – providing a protected space to discuss experiences, reflect, share ideas and concerns and disseminate useful information.
- First meeting: Wednesday 14th October at 6-7pm
- Guest speaker: Dr Sethina Watson (Anaesthetics Trainee)
Sethina will share her experience of shielding-by-proxy and the work she has done nationally to promote wellbeing for health professionals who have been shielding.
If you wish to attend and/or be informed of all future meetings please complete this short registration form by clicking the following link:
Once registered you will be sent a zoom link to the recurring forum
For further information or help please contact: